where is yeshe?

Friday, June 23, 2006

empowerments done

empowerments were finished yesterday at Gyuto Tantric University, we had tsog at the end of the whole event.

My cold is improving gradually, thanks to a secret recipe by friends - MO FAH KO! Wu Hua Guo in chinese, a commonly overlooked junk food that has amazing benefits for cold sufferers. Comes in little plastic bottles that grandmas used to buy along with dried plums and other preserved stuffs. I think MFK is a kind of fig, and apparently has cancer battling properties! My taiwanese friends gave them to me when I was having a cold coming on in Nepal, and it worked! Didn't need to take any nasty meds for my cold (except Ibuprofen which I took for my headaches). MFK helped to reduce the coughing, phelgm, fatigue and aching in the body. amazing....

Also been drinking leh berry juice, which is available in Dharamsala. Another wonder fruit, the drink is called leh berry because the berries are found growing predominantly in the Leh, Ladakh region of India. The actual name of the fruit is seabuckthorn. I think you can run a google or Wikipedia search on that. The fruit apparently has many healing properties also, and vitamins etc. Sure did help my cold!

The leh berry drinks in Dharamsala have different flavours, mixed with blackcurrant and apple and what have nots. But I prefer the original flavour, which I suspect has the highest content of seabuckthorn inside. This said because I feel stronger from drinking that as when compared to drinking the other flavours. So try it out when you come to India the next time. Especially those of you who forgot to bring your vitamins (esp C). It's only 65 rupees (2.25 sing) per regular carton. Dun forget to check out the expiry dates and get the freshest pack available though.

Another wonder cure I have found is the Wakamoto digestive aid from Japan. Don't think it is available in many places, but widely available in Taiwan. It comes in mini tablets which are supposedly live culture. Have heard of whole families that take them, ranging from the 2 year old kid to the 80 year old grandpa. Cures diarrohea, indigestion, constipation, bloating etc. All the usual stuff that people experience in third world country expeditions. Was just wondering how many of us at Amravati would have benefitted from that....

Dharamsala is packed with people...they say so many at this coming teaching that there is a possiblity of people not meeting each other at all during the event! But won't be as terok as Amravati, i think.

So here you go, yet another boring blog with nothing exciting or worth mentioning in my life. but maybe the secret recipes might be of interest to a few!