where is yeshe?

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Monsoon, vermins and travel

Hi folks,

More news from me. The monsoon season has started, the infamous monsoon season of Dharamsala that makes your mattress into a mushroom farm that you could smoke the whole season and get high on. Then there are the spores that grow on your walls and clothes, leaving spots that cannot be washed off till the day Maitreya Buddha appears on this earth. Spores that grow on everything, makes me wonder if they will take over my body and brains and turn me into a major time cordyceps...will be worth lots of money!!!

Then there are the fleas who have found me. If you think mosquito bites itch, you should try getting a flea bite. They last for weeks and turn into welts that never heal. And they don't bite at one spot, but everywhere. Have been reciting om mani padme hum for them, since I remembered Rinpoche saying that reciting 1000 manis per day benefits 7 generations of offspring due to the "blood connection". Well since these are the only offspring of my blood, i think i can look forward to seeing 7 generations of fleas attaining rainbow bodies and floating around in orbs of blissful rainbow light. though i can't imagine having to search for their mortal remains since I can't even spot them in the first place. Karmic chains la, you know how they say the iron chains of karma in the three principles of the path by Lama Tsongkhapa. Thinking about karma really generates renunciation. Since I don't have the karma to sit in an office cubicle to be eaten away of my time and strength by fellow coworkers and mean superiors that load on extra work, here i am being devoured alive by vermins in my own room.
Finally got my ticket booked for Ladakh. Whopping 111 US dollars one way from Jammu/Kashmir. Not much for the typical Orchard shopper to spend on one shirt. But sure a fortune for an incomeless vagrant. Seems like the norm for people here to escape to Ladakh to avoid the monsoon weather in Dharamsala. Hence the flights are all full, and am glad to grab a seat at this last hour. Hope to find accommodation when I get there amidst acclimatization problems, then rushing to the empowerment event.

Hey, I have changed the comments setting, so now people can leave comments directly on my blog without having to mail me separately. For that you'll have to click on the individual blog links on the section to the right of your screen, which will display the individual entry then you can post a comment on the bottom.

I will try an email feed soon, so that just by subscribing to it you will be able to receive the blog in your email. like that no need to check all the time lah!