where is yeshe?

Sunday, October 15, 2006

back in india

I am back in India just in case some of your folks are wondering where I am. Was back in Singapore recently for two weeks to sort out some matters. I am now back in Shimla in North India to receive some private teachings and transmissions. I will be here till around the end of the month, when I will head off to Sera monastery in South India to receive the lungs of the collected works of Lama Tsongkhapa from Kyabje Choden Rinpoche.

Weather here is cold with the onset of winter. Apparently it snows here during winter...that cold! Didn't bring my sleeping bag and sweater thinking that it would be too bulky to travel with. Kind of regret it now....

I've still not been able to post anything about my trip to ladakh as my original piece of writing on the trip was in my ibook, which somehow malfunctioned on the way here to India. I don't know how that could have happened as I took extra care to make sure it was never exposed to any kind of shock in anyway. And for that I put it in a shock proof cover and hand carried the whole thing. The harddisk seems to be running but the screen is not showing up. I suspect somehow the xrays at the airport security might have razed it, because I was also carrying a vcd player with me at the same time and that also went kaput. the display no longer works. I wonder how possible is that?